Saturday, September 14, 2013

YES! Again I say YES!

Alright. You want to know the trick to getting past 10 miles? I figured this out last year.

Rule number 1: Run as far away from your house as you can. IE: If you are planning to run 13.1 Miles and walk 1 Mile after that it totals a workout of 14 miles. So pick a direction and run half of it, 7 miles.

That is exactly what I did this morning and it paid off. No one likes walking more than they have to and your mind will agree. It knows if you don't run it there will be lots more walking. 

Don't get discouraged if you don't make it all the way though. I walked my share of 4, 3, and 2 mile segments last year. The problem with running up and down streets close to home is it's too easy to give up early.

Surprisingly today's 13.1 mile trek was easier for me than last weeks 10 mile trek. Recovery has been more difficult as the muscles in my legs were very soar for more than an hour. Now they are just tired.

I am very excited though. Not only was today's run my personal best, it was also the pace I want to run the half marathon coming up in Indianapolis at. I also had very evenly paced miles and only had one what I would call slower mile. Very excited about today's results. 

Now I just need to keep it up! 7 weeks from this morning is race day. I plan to do more strength training runs this week and if I run another good half marathon in training I will switch to maintenance mode. Maintenance mode is less runs per week, but at a further distance. It allows more time to rest you muscles in between runs.

Weekly weigh-in: 237.8 Lbs
Post run weight: 232.6 Lbs

Today's Run:

No comments:

Post a Comment