Friday, September 6, 2013

Happy Dance!

Don't worry. I didn't pee my pants. 

Today was another great morning to run. While I was running I started thinking about the barrier that I've had a hard time overcoming. That barrier is to run a 5k in under 30 minutes. 

I had trained all last summer for my first half marathon and was never quite able to do it. Probably because I usually only run a short fast run one day a week and never pushed myself to run faster farther.

Today, I started running contemplating if I would ever overcome this obstacle. I had done it before but it had been 10 years or so. Then my first mile went by, 9:45 sec. It was then I pushed myself to run the last 2.1 miles without giving up and I went all out the last 2/10 ths of a mile.

I made it! Sometimes you win distance and sometimes you win with speed. I really can't believe I ran that fast. The last time I ran that fast for that long I was under 200 lbs... Not nearly 40 lbs over.

So, if you've been struggling to meet goals, don't give up. Persevere. 

Today's Run:

No comments:

Post a Comment