Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Last post before run!

Ran my last pre-race run today.

I am really excited for Saturday Morning to come. Did I mention I signed up for the  run like 11 months ago? It has been a long time coming.

Training started late this year as I was going to be a fair weather runner. Well, it didn't take long to figure out that you either don't get you training in or you run unless it is lightning out. Even vacations are no excuse for not packing you running shoes. 

So training is done and my last training run ran. So now what, I have like two and a half days to go.

For one I'll be stretching to make sure my muscles don't tighten up over the next few days. I also be taking in loads of carbs and fluids. 

Tomorrow night I'll pack for the trip. Check hotel reservations, print off the route map of the race, check expo and packet pickup times, and lots of other things.

So, for running gear, what to pack? Weather is unknown, could be almost warm enough not to need cold weather gear, but if it rains then I'll wish I had it. So... I'll probably pack for best, worst, and somplace in between type of weather. 

The weather forcast now says 40 for Saturday morning with partly sunny sky's. At 48, I usually just wear shorts and a shirt. So, I might have to change up my outfit a little. It'll probably be closer to 44 when I finish the race... So I just don't know. I am sure I'll be glued to the weather channel Friday night.

In any event, it looks like the weather is going to be co-operative at the moment. Unfortunately, it can change quickly. 

I am looking forward to the half marathon on Saturday. So much has gone into preparing and I am ready to run the race.

See you at the finish!

Today's run:






No comments:

Post a Comment