Thursday, August 1, 2013

Keep your motor running...

Head out on the highway. Looking for adventure...

You know the song. One thing that is killing me this week are the short 20 min runs. I feel like I am just getting broken in and I stop.

Today, however, I decided to go all out and run like the wind! Ok, run like someone broke wind. Ha ha. Anywho, I ran my lungs out.. No really, I couldn't catch my breath and both sides of chest were hurting. I actually had to slow to a crawl after my first me just to catch my breath and then slowly add back speed.

I learned two things, unless you life is in jeopardy, don't run like that. The second thing I learned is that for my third 2.1 mile run this week this one was by far the slowest overall time. Really, it's better to know what you can handle and slowing increase your speed. 

Now if I could drop about 40 pounds I am sure I could run faster without putting myself at risk.

So I made some changes in my lunch the last two days. I know, it is only two days, but you have to start somewhere. So I have been eating 6 inch subs with chocolate milk the last two days. Amazing thing is, the milk really curbs my appetite over the afternoon and into the evening. Plus I am skipping chips and soda which are tasty but empty calories. I am even skipping the other 6" of sub I would normally eat.

We shall see how this works out over the next month. Not sure how this applies to the normal burger joint. I might have to start packing my own milk or I might end up with a kids sized half pint of milk. 

Today's run:


No comments:

Post a Comment